Coconut Software is looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our Product team, reporting to the Senior Director, Product. This role is integral to Coconut Software’s end-to-end user experiences and is constantly testing and iterating on Coconut Software’s current offerings while defining, designing, and prototyping new offerings. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of UX methodologies and be comfortable embracing change and thinking strategically at every stage of the product life cycle. The Product Designer is passionate about advocating for our customers needs and establishes a design trajectory that is in line with those needs while communicating the design vision to senior executives to influence the best possible experience for our customers. At its heart, this role is the perfect fit for a motivated problem solver who leverages new technologies while combining design and engineering language to create usable, impactful, and memorable user experience journeys.
The Product Designer develops ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and experience mapping while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders to effectively communicate product and design vision. Additionally, the Product Designer evaluates existing user interactions, conducts usability testing to ensure designs are usable and meet user needs, and uses findings to drive design recommendations. While collaborating with the rest of the Product team, the Product Designer will work on a variety of projects including feature functionality, defining our design standards, working with product marketing on go to market initiatives, leveraging user analytics to address UX issues, and overall customer experience enhancements. The successful candidate will be a first in class problem solver, detail oriented, have the highest standard of quality, and be energized by creating meaningful experiences for Coconut’s customers that meet their usability needs. If you love to visualize complex data to find the right solution to deliver beautifully designed experiences in a fast-paced, customer obsessed environment then Coconut wants to hear from you!
- Understand product specifications and user psychology by running discovery workshops on-site with customers to help determine features, requirements, and vision for what they want to build.
- Create personas through user research and data and develop the user story through task analysis, process mapping, and user input.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Create something that is useful and valuable for users by conceiving user data into simple designs and developing visually appealing and dynamic user interfaces with a strong emphasis on usability and accessibility.
- Create wireframes and task flows based on user needs to convey the design concept and develop mock screens and mock workflows to demonstrate new, user-friendly interface designs.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on usability at the forefront of all design work by using strong visual design skills and the ability to empathize with customers to skillfully solve UX problems while working within an existing visual system.
- Plan and conduct analytical usability testing and combine with internal/external research, customer interviews, and feedback on user interactions to solve interaction design problems and drive future design improvements.
- Ensure products meet the usability and reliability requirements of Coconut’s customers.
- Ensure designs are: learnable, efficient, memorable, error free, and satisfy user requirements.
- Maintain implemented designs and iterate to ensure usability and functionality.
- Identify scenarios where data is needed.
- Ensure products and designs are enjoyable to customers and meet their business needs.
- Maintain and grow knowledge of the lastest design and UX practices/principles and apply learning to the creation and development of Coconut’s product.
- Establish, document, and enforce design standards, patterns, and processes to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout the product.
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Collaborate with team members to ensure designs meet or exceed accessibility standards and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product team.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to ensure UX/UI design solutions deliver on business objectives and provide usable solutions to customers.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Communicate with internal teams and external stakeholders to understand their Coconut’s customers functionality needs and describe design solutions in easy to understand terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 3+ years experience in UX design.
- A portfolio highlighting your impactful design work.
- Analytical mind with strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrated team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams.
- Working knowledge of current design technology.
- Able to work autonomously in an agile environment as part of a larger team and capable of self-directing and taking initiative.
- Meticulously organized.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to continue to grow your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor