WE’RE STILL HIRING!
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, are looking for a Laboratory Technician in our Nisku, Alberta location. Are you a highly motivated individual? Are you a creative thinker who would like to be part of a high-performing team? Apply today!
What you Can Expect
This position is ideal for those who have excellent time management skills, along with a consistent work ethic. This can be demonstrated on a daily basis while completing various sample testing. The hours for this position will vary and may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. May be eligible for overtime.
What You’ll be Doing
- Receive samples and perform various lab testing while accurately following the ASTM and CSA Standard procedures (i.e. proctors, sieves, atterbergs, hydrometers – to name a few)
- Ensure that testing is being performed safely and in a timely manner
- Calibrate lab equipment (proctor machine, sieves, ovens, scales and molds) and complete preventive maintenance of lab equipment from time to time (such as: cleaning, greasing)
- Document sample and test information once received. Appreciate sample integrity
- Must be able to work well with others and by themselves, under minimal supervision
What We’re Looking For
- 2 years’ materials testing experience, most specifically in soils testing, preferred
- Active and valid CCIL designation is considered an asset
- Certificate or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental, or Geotechnical Sciences a benefit
- Registration with ASET or APEGA – nice to have
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Why Work for Terracon?
Come work for a forward-thinking safety culture and gain a rewarding career in business development of technical services as well as exposure to diverse and interesting earth science related projects! You can expect to work with a wide range of well-trained, safety conscious, professional engineers, geoscientists and technologists on various key projects. We offer a competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan. Apply to learn more about your future with Terracon.
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted