Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) seeks to hire Intake Associates for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Intake associates will provide exceptional customer
service to income-eligible households who are applying for Fuel and
Heating Assistance throughout the year.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, a
strong work ethic and a willingness to assist clients from all
backgrounds. Data entry, computer skills
and customer service experience are required. Bilingual individuals are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general reception duties: greet clients, and visitors, answer telephone, transfer calls, and file processed paperwork.
- Respond to general questions relative to the LIHEAP program.
- Perform intake of applications and enter data. Successfully complete all applications to the point of pending certification.
- Distribute LIHEAP paperwork and file the client and program related records.
- Provide accurate program information and arrange appropriate referrals to other programs and agencies to applicants and visitors contacting the agency.
- Place outgoing telephone calls to clients as needed for program compliance.
- Assist in generating program related notices and reports.
- Assist in sorting, opening, date-stamping, and filing incoming and outgoing mail and documents.
- Provide backup to the front desk assisting clients and answering phones when needed.
- Attend trainings and meetings with the LIHEAP team.
- Work toward learning application certification.
School Diploma or GED/ HiSET equivalent required.
to handle incoming and outgoing calls for the agency and to greet clients and
organizational and computer skills, including all systems used within the
agency and Microsoft Office.
to speak and write in languages in addition to English a plus.
communication skills and experience dealing with customers in person preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to work in office part time. Ability to work remotely part time in a secure, quiet space to protect client information. Laptop will be provided.
- May be asked to work extended hours during the peak of fuel
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Department,
Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, 2nd Floor,
Worcester, MA 01608. Application deadline is July 10, 2020.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed
to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national
origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related
condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information,
membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is
protected under state or federal law.