Arena & Facility Operator - $2000 Signing Bonus!
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, a member of the GSL Group of companies, is a busy entertainment facility in Victoria that hosts a WHL hockey team (The Victoria Royals), minor hockey, community hockey, and numerous professional concerts, shows and exhibitions throughout the year. We are currently looking for part-time and full-time Arena & Facility Operators to join our team to help with upcoming events and shows!
Do you have a passion for Hockey? What about driving a Zamboni and keeping things in good condition?
Wage: Up to $30 per hour or $64,000 per annum depending on experience + a $2,000 signing bonus!
Day in the Life:
- Perform a variety of equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties
- Maintenance of ice surfaces including driving a Zamboni
- Assists with set-up and take-down of equipment during special events
- Various janitorial duties related to building maintenance and cleanliness including but not limited to painting, net repairs, woodwork, and lights
- Responsible for taking plant readings and monitoring plant performance
- Meets and deals effectively with the public and concert/event representatives in response to their needs of dressing rooms, ice cleanings, and ice usage
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- 4th or 5th Class Power Engineer, Refrigeration Endorsement/Refrigerator Operator, IFO
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in ice-making, refrigeration
- Familiarity with WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
- Current Level 1 First Aid certificate an asset
- Forklift Operator Certificate, or willing to obtain within 6 months of hiring
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on day or night shift
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, public and customers
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive compensation package!
- Employer-paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position