Job Title: Cook
Reports To: Chef
The Cook is responsible for correct food preparation and consistency, taste and plate presentation as instructed by the Chef.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for correct preparation, consistency, taste and presentation of food as instructed by the Chef.
· Respond to food complaints by correcting errors immediately to ensure positive guest satisfaction. Works with and assists the service staff and management to achieve this result.
· Perform mainly in one or more areas (sauté, grill, pantry, prep, etc…) as assigned by the Chef.
· Responsible to limit food waste and reports spoilage to the Chef.
· Work with other team members to complete the objective with other cooks of varying levels of culinary skill and ability.
· Ensure that cleanliness and proper sanitation procedures are followed at all times as instructed. Follows HACCP guidelines for holding and serving temperatures as instructed.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible. Also, the employee must exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
· Ability to work six days per week and adjust hours to seasonal trends.
· ServSafe certification is helpful.
Work with a variety of commercial kitchen equipment (ovens, mixers, sharp knives).
Fast paced work environment, must be able to work irregular hours to meet customer needs.