Part-Time Festival Merchandise Assistants
Reports to: Retail Operations Manager/Retail Operations Coordinator
Assist ArtsQuest in providing an exceptional guest experience at our festivals and events, assist patrons with their purchases, answer questions, process retail orders and requests, stock and straighten shelves, assist in merchandising, unpack and pack up merchandise, inventory control and set up and tear down of the festival or event.
- Assist merchandise staff in promoting and selling festival- and event-related merchandise.
- Responsible for “cash-in” and “cash-out” procedures.
- Assist in roving merchandise sales throughout the festival grounds.
- Responsible for making proper change for customer purchases, when applicable.
- Provides outstanding customer service to patrons.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality; previous customer service and cash handling experience are preferred.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends and the majority of the festival or event.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently, work with a team or independently.
- Outgoing, approachable and friendly; ability to smile
- Ability to use a computer or phone.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach above head
- Ability to see, hear, listen, and speak and understand English; bi-lingual ability a plus
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without the assistance of others.
- Ability to make a proper change and handle cash flow
Dates/Hours of Operation: Must be available to work between the hours of11 AM until 11:30 PM during the days of the festival, August 2nd through the 11th 2019.
- Fest training dates between July 16th to July 29th, 2019
- Musikfest - August 2nd – 11th, 2019
- Tear down the week of August 12th through the 16th
- Hours: 11:30 AM until 11:30 PM (in shifts, for example) 11:30 AM until 5 PM, 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM or 11:30 AM until 4 PM, 3:30 PM to 8 PM, 7:30 PM until 11:30 PM or any variation dependent on the number of people involved and their availability).
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirement of this job.
FLSA Status: Seasonal/Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled