1301 E BROADWAY INC Tempe, AZ
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Responsible for selling and serving food and beverages in an efficient, professional manner according to Native Grill & Wings standards. Each server’s primary objective is to WOW them so they will want to return again and again.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests within two minutes of being seated and place beverage napkins at the table to indicate the table has been greeted. Introduce yourself and let the guest know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- When serving a guest, treat them the way you would like to be treated when you are dining at a restaurant.
- Inform guests of daily specials and promotions.
- Make specific recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy. This includes offering two specific drinks by name when taking beverage order, as well as two specific appetizers when offering appetizers and a specific dessert menu item by name when your guest is ready for dessert.
- Apply knowledge of full menu and other restaurant information to correctly answer questions about our food, beverages and the restaurant history.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar. Be sure to enter orders using the appropriate seat number that correlates with where the guest is seated at the table. Use suggestive selling techniques to upsell items like top-shelf liquor or tater-tots instead of fries, etc. This increases your check total which will, in turn, increase your tip.
- Appropriately garnish plates per menu specifications and according to guests’ requests.
- Carry service trays that may weigh up to 25 pounds in and out of the kitchen and dining room.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Make sure that hot food is delivered hot and cold food is delivered cold.
- Return to the guest within two minutes following food delivery or after the guest has taken two bites, to promptly check for correct order, quality and any additional needs of the guest.
- Perform side work at the start, throughout and at the end of each shift as required by service station assignment and company policies. It is vital that we all set ourselves up for success.
- Maintain clean service areas including the server line, expo line, dining room and service stations throughout your shift.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests and/or product failure. Inform a manager of any unsatisfied guests.
- Pre-bus table of all plates, empty glassware, and trash throughout the meal.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, describe Native Loyalty App, accept payment, process credit card charges or tender proper change to guest (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist the bus person with clearing and resetting tables as well as fellow servers as situations arise.
- Relay messages to bus persons, kitchen staff and bartenders as needed.
- Communicate guest and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Communicate to Expo any necessary items needed from the kitchen in a condensed to-the-point manner.
- Communicate any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner, following acceptable telephone procedures and any scripts that may be in effect.
- Transfer telephone calls and/or take messages as per company policy.
- Be able to assist guests with directions to the restaurant from all points north, south, east and west.
- Take To-Go orders over the phone, package To-Go orders when prepared.
- Verify that To-Go order has been prepared as requested and all necessary items and condiments are included.
- Complete To-Go transactions on the cash register and tender correct change to guests.
- Completes assigned opening, during shift and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Re-stock items in the dining room as needed and alert the management of stock shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Turn in all cash and charge transactions at the end of each shift.
- Report 100% of all tips earned as required by the IRS