Assistant Project Manager
Do you take personal initiative to not only reach but exceed job expectations?
An individual with stellar communication skills?
YOU could be the next great addition to our team!
HVAC Concepts, a leading Building Automation and Controls contractor, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team!
The Assistant Project Manager supports the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of the Project Manager including those necessary before, during, and after a project.
A typical day may include:
• Obtaining plumbing, HVAC, gas fitting, and other types of permits as required by jurisdictional codes.
• Receiving material takeoffs from the site foreman and send to various vendors
• Obtaining a list of equipment to price out from the Project Manager. After obtaining the best available price, request submittals on the equipment for engineer approval.
• Obtaining pricing from subcontractors for items such as air balance, insulation, garbage disposal, and water treatment to use during the finishing stages of project.
• Requesting installation, operation, and maintenance manuals for all equipment pertaining to the project.
• Scanning documents into the electronic job folder.
• Preparing closing documentation to include O&Ms (operation and maintenance manuals), as-builts (copy of blueprints) start-up sheets, warranty, and air balance reports. Forward this information to clients.
• Maintaining schedules, before and during jobs, for internal and external publication that identifies the client’s requirements and needs of the project and the company’s ability to man the job
• Assembling plans, parts, drawings, and scope description with budget requirements for delivery to Job Supervisors and Field Technicians, assigned to the work, in a timely fashion based upon schedules and product lead time
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of experience in project management
- Previous BAS/ Controls industry experience preferred
- Ability to prioritized and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer service skills