Product Manager, Time Management
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Product Management team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
The Product Manager, Time Management will act as the voice of the customer when developing new and enhancing existing products within Payworks’ Time Management product lines. Leveraging the knowledge you gain through customer interactions and market research, you will understand customers’ problems and needs as well as prioritize the business requirements to bring the best possible solution to our customers. You will be responsible for communicating customer and market problems to the product and development teams, bringing a strategic perspective and a thorough understanding of the market space to the teams and other stakeholders.DISCOVER SOLUTIONS – IT’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Uncover client problems – Engaging in a wide range of external and internal user problem analysis, market research and competitive analysis you will work with clients to understand their specific business problems and requirements as well as investigate market trends and competitive conditions. Leveraging the information you gather, you will act as the clients’ representative within the Payworks team to ensure our products fulfill their business requirements.
- Develop a roadmap – You will take the lead in forecasting the future requirements of Payworks’ Time Management products and translating those into prioritized business requirements. It will be your responsibility to prioritize the backlog, ranking business requirements against strategic goals and initiatives.
- Work with a team – Collaborating with a team of Product Analysts, Product Designers, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts you will translate product strategies into tangible results. You will act as a cross-functional link between various teams and departments – ensuring alignment with Service, Sales and Marketing, communicating upcoming releases and providing regular updates to Management.
- Make great products even better – Staying at the forefront of Time Management product development, you will proactively seek opportunities to update your knowledge and constantly participate in professional development on both the professional and technical aspects of the field. This knowledge will then be applied to improve the Payworks’ products in our chosen markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pragmatic Institute Certification in Product Management would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience operating, managing and delivering results.
- Knowledge about industry trends, best practices and change management.
- Product background with workforce management and SaaS products would be an asset.
- Experience with Payroll and Time Management components such as Availability, Scheduling and Timesheets would be considered an asset.
- A professional and positive communication style and expert presentation skills. You need to be comfortable presenting to stakeholders of all levels to clearly convey information.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and influence senior leaders to drive product strategy forward.
- Excellent time management, creative thinking and project management skills.
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Product Manager, Time Management reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model. Individuals working in the office and/or conducting in-person business operations must be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground set out in applicable provincial Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position