Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, are looking for a Fleet Labourer out of Fort McMurray, AB. Do you like a fast-paced work environment? Are you motivated and passionate? Do you like to be part of a cohesive team? Do you like to work independently and collaborate with internal stakeholders? Then this role is for you! Apply today.
This role is a 6-month contract
position starting May 1, 2023.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure fleet vehicles, equipment and supplies are available for employees when and where they are required
- Assist with maintenance around the building when needed
- Perform maintenance on fleet vehicles, such as changing headlights, tires, washing vehicles, transporting trucks to and from various sites, etc.
- Develop unique knowledge about Terracon’s field operations
- Support our Fleet team as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Superior driving habits, including off-road, and clean driver’s abstract
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Aptitude for hands-on work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have a strong commitment to safety, for themselves and their co-workers
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Must have valid class 5 driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract and 2 years’ driving experience
- High School Diploma
- Field environment operations involved driving to and from site, as well as on site, to and from Terracon office/laydowns
- Up to a maximum of 80 lbs of heavy lifting is required
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Successfully perform a Fit for Work and Drug and Alcohol test
- Schedule may occasionally require being on-call and overtime
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Why Work for Terracon?
Come work with a group of people who have a passion for excellence and share common values. In your role at Terracon, you will have an ability make a difference every day, working along side a wide range of dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists as well as a talented group of people who support the business. You will have an opportunity to share your expertise and develop solutions working with various clients on interesting projects. We offer a competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan. Apply to learn more about your future with Terracon.
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted