Position Tasks & Activities:
- Clean, dry, and polish dishes as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Wrap and package dishes per company policy.
- Upholds the quality control standards of the company.
- Restock cleaned and packaged linens appropriately.
- Inspect returned dishes.
- Sort dirty dishes per company policy.
- Complete a daily check-in log.
- When dish equipment breaks, notify supervisor.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
use of dishwasher, which release hot water. Exposure to above average
temperatures is prevalent. There is a high degree of lifting and a
significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting
objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of
motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from
work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some
work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above
average temperatures is prevalent. The typical tools (dollies, racks,
etc.) can be considered hazards. Most mechanical equipment used
(dishwasher machines) are electrical and may be gas fired. There is
exposure to detergents, bleaches, cleaning chemicals, hot water and very
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Dish Preparation Supervisor