Aligned with site leadership, supports the business on analyzing business information and supporting corporate accounting function along with site leadership in monthly financial. Assist the organization in strategic and transactional projects and initiatives. Supports site leadership with presenting operational and financial results to various levels within the organization.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manage the day-to-day analysis for the business. Ensuring reporting is timely, accurate, and analysis is meaningful and understood.
2. Support month end process, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of external and internal financial statements
1. Support Corporate Accounting on ensuring the books are clean and free of material misstatement
2. In conjunction with Corporate Accounting, responsible for calculation of month end inventory, hourly rates, and other monthly reporting.
3. Supports any accounting transactions which are not centralized including accounts payable, receivables, bank reconciliations, payroll, local tax reporting, etc.
4. Ensure any accounting records at site are archived in accordance with internal control procedures.
5. Ensures all site functions which have a financial impact (such as customer invoicing) are completed correctly and in accordance with internal control procedures.
6. Ensure site is compliant with Capital Expense policies.
1. Issue timely, accurate, and complete financial statements (monthly, annually, and as requested).
2. Analyze and recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
3. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
4. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts (operating & capital).
5. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
6. Provide for a system of management cost reports.
7. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong/Advanced Excel user.
· Excellent analysis skills and the ability to collaborate with members of other departments.
· ERP system experience highly desirable.
· BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
· 5+ years of accounting/finance experience, with an emphasis on inventory and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
- Safety- Our primary focus. Keeps safety as an overarching mindset for our employees and their families. Empower our employees to Stop, Think, & Ask. We are accountable for our own health and safety and encourage the same from those around us.
- Customer Focus- Acts with the customer, both internal and external, in mind. Identifies and fully understands each customer’s needs. Creates a positive customer experience and delivers profitable solutions for both parties. We are committed to actively listen to the voice of the customer.
- Integrity & Trust- Has the courage to do the right thing. Earns trust. Keeps commitments.
- Communication- We have a culture where we can communicate freely and efficiently to challenge the status quo to improve our business and deliver results. Knowledge sharing is encouraged and expected.
- Teamwork and Respect- Accomplishes great things by leveraging collective talents. Treats people with dignity and respect. Builds relationships through open, honest and direct communication. Fosters teamwork. Practices humility. Values diversity.
- Accountability & Responsibility- We take initiative and make well informed, data driven decisions. Driven by a sense of urgency. We take ownership and measure performance while bearing the consequences of the results, both positive and negative. We set proper expectations and deliver on our promises. Live for compliance.
- Value Creation- Understands products and processes. Never satisfied with the current state. Always looking for new and better ways to accomplish our goals. Anticipates and drives continuous improvement that creates the greatest value. Considers what is possible. Celebrates wins and successes.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Focus on the company’s profitable growth. Values freedom to apply good judgement. Challenges the status quo. Takes calculated, disciplined risks for step change.
Eastern Vault Company Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled