Our Team Members Are MORE Than Just Their Job Titles!
Are You Ready To Introduce Yourself?
This Job Is For YOU.
YOU, who has so many talents and strengths outside of a simple job description, we can’t even begin to put them all on paper.
YOU, who shows up each day for the people you work with (we must admit, we are pretty great) and the people you care for (our Residents are the best in the business).
YOU, who’s unique personality is something we not only enjoy learning about but something we celebrate (Perhaps you have an award-winning hot sauce recipe like our Construction Project Manager, Bob, or an unabashed love for cats like our Operations Assistant for Retirement, Kim, or you’re a Trivia Buff like our Special Projects Coordinator, Chris McConnell. You name it, we’re interested in learning more)!
YOU, who doesn’t just want a job, but the ability to make an outstanding difference each and every day.
YOU, Our new Personal Support Assistant!
- Secondary School Diploma preferred.
- Provides day to day services and support to individual residents to offer a warm, safe environment , ensuring comfort and welfare needs are met;
- Support and guide residents to home events that promote a positive resident experience;
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to residents.
- Practices safe food handling techniques throughout all aspects of food service;
- Assists with table/tray preparation, service of beverages and accompaniments, and serving food;
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for residents utilizing infection control principles
- Experience in customer service or working with seniors preferred
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families , and visitors
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must be computer literate
- Family Owned and Operated for over 50 years;
- Benefit Plan and Pension Plan;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Education Reimbursement Program and Succession Planning Opportunities;
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.