Senior Director, Sales
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for a Senior Director of Sales to join our leadership team. This role will help advance GSL’s vision by planning, leading and executing the delivery of new revenue streams for all the different divisions & companies in our portfolio (this includes Sports, Entertainment, Hospitality, Real Estate & Tech). The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with a proven track record of consistently exceeding sales revenue goals, and a history of successfully identifying, developing, and leading multiple strategic partnerships.
This multi-faceted role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Lead the development and performance of the corporate sales strategy to achieve the objectives of the company for revenue growth
- Develop and implement holistic account-based strategies and drive cross-functional collaboration with other executives and leaders across the organization, partnering with functional leaders, offering knowledge on market and customer needs
- Develop an operating budget for the sales division that meets business goals
- Establish and manage relationships with executive decision makers, whether it’s corporate partners, government, community, media or industry associations
- Foster new partnerships and grow existing ones, to facilitate revenue generation
- Create actionable business and sales strategies by identifying key challenges, business climate changes and long-term goals
- People Management - lead & develop the sales team by inspiring, mentoring and coaching
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company; sometimes working a flexible schedule as needed
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a senior role - strategic account management, business development, government relations or marketing, and experience within a similar environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant influenced revenue through partnerships
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations
- Ability to network and build/maintain strong relationships with executive decision-makers in industry, government, community groups and industry associations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills (oral, written, presentation), and relationship management skills
- Excellent public relations skills with the ability to exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally for client meetings
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent strategic planning skills to develop and enact long-term growth strategies.
- Excellent customer service and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with diverse team members.
- Strong people management skills
- Leads by example
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
Compensation: will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Vancouver, Kelowna or Victoria
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position