Gym Monitor, Middle Tyger YMCA
Under the general direction of the Sports Director, in cooperation with other staff, and consistent with the YMCA’s Mission and values, the Gym Monitor will be responsible for monitoring all Open Gym activities, practices, and Half Court play for members daily.
General duties include the enforcement of all YMCA operating policies and procedures as well as ensuring a positive environment for members in all assigned areas.
· Development of strong interpersonal relationships with all members, participants and staff of the YMCA.
· Continually serve as a resource for member questions, concerns or needs.
· Ensure ongoing communication with membership services. · In accordance with the Mission and Philosophies of the YMCA, ensure the enforcement of established YMCA operating policies and procedures, Guidelines for practices, Half Court Play, and YMCA Code Of Conduct and Policies
· Effectively monitor the open gym schedule ensuring proper play during games and other activities as assigned. · Ongoing monitoring of all member sign-up lists
· Ensure on-going cleanliness of facility and equipment. Requirements
· High School Diploma or Equivalency required
· Two years Customer Service and Security experience in a membership based organization or similar environment
· Security experience is strongly preferred, not required. · Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
· Must comply with the Basic Safety Series in accordance with the Quality Standards.
· Carrying (50lbs.)
· Lifting (50lbs.)
· Pulling (50 lbs.)
· Pushing (50lbs.)
*If interested in this opportunity, the shift hours vary based on needs at the branch location.