Boys & Girls Club of the Gila River Indian Community is looking for a Maintenance/Janitor individual to be a part of the future growth of our organization.
Under the direction of the Branch Executive, the Janitor maintains supplies and cleanliness of the facility.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establishes a cleaning schedule to ensure the entire facility is adequately cleaned.
- Monitors maintenance supplies and orders supplies as needed upon approval from the Branch Executive. Follows procedures for purchasing supplies.
- Reports any maintenance problems, structural or damage, immediately to the Program Director or Branch Executive.
- Maintains close, daily contact with supervisor to receive/provide information and/or discuss issues.
- Ensures that all floors are swept and mopped or vacuumed and all garbage cans emptied at least once per day.
- Cleans toilets, toilet stalls, and sinks daily. Paper towels, toilet paper dispensers and soap dispensers are replenished daily.
- Straightens and dusts all shelves and tables and keeps supply closets in order.
- Washes windows, walls, and cleans mirrors as needed.
- Keeps the entrance to the club clean at all times.
- Keeps the grounds free of litter.
- Promotes safety of members and appearance of the branch at all times.
- Participates in weekly branch staff meetings and other special programs or events.
- May be needed to drive branch bus/van.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience in janitorial work
· Ability to maintain facility cleanliness
· Valid state driver’s license (if applicable)
· Ability to lift heavy items and equipment
· Ability to communicate effectively
Boy And Girls Clubs Of Gila River Indian Community is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled