East Neck Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is actively seeking a Medical Records Clerk to join our dynamic team of professionals!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for maintaining, sorting, organizing patient charts, respond to medical record request, contact doctors if medical records are incomplete.
· Maintain an appropriate filing system for both in-house and discharges residents.
· Responsible for notifying physicians of incomplete medical records.
· Will notify appropriate disciplines of non-compliant areas noted in the chart
· Answer medical records telephone and respond accordingly
· Demonstrates knowledge of filing and policies and procedures.
· Mentor all staff to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed pertaining to medical charts.
· Provide facility with an efficient system for maintaining, filing, locating, logging, retrieving and delivering resident
· Minimum of two years’ experience in secretarial performance and/or office management, preferably in health care.
· Must be knowledgeable in Release of Information/Medical records.
· Must have working knowledge of ICD-9 codes
· Superior organizational and time management skills
What we offer:
Our facilities offer its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are a company you can be proud of, where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Generous PTO package
· Health/Dental Benefits
· 401k plan
· Facility picnics
· Employee of the month
We are an EOE