Coconut Software is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our talented team of full-stack software engineers. You’re an experienced engineering manager who understands the value of supporting a team to deliver first-in-class Enterprise SaaS products. Your background leading Engineering teams in an Enterprise SaaS environment is crucial to your success in this role, because it has helped you to develop an understanding of what it means to contribute to and be a part of an early stage, but fast-growing, tech startup. In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, DevOps Engineers, and Full-Stack Developers to continuously deliver value to our customers in the Financial Services Industry. You will also collaborate with leaders across Coconut to ensure Engineering’s alignment with overall organizational objectives, values, and company roadmap. You love to recruit new talent to your team through active networking and interviewing, almost as much as you love supporting the day-to-day activities of your current team and putting effort into their professional growth and ongoing learning. If you’re excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced development environment and are as passionate about team building and creating first-in-class Enterprise solutions as we are, then Coconut wants to hear from you!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO
- Continuously ship high quality software, balancing competing priorities to ensure we ship exceptional features while also resolving defects and managing technical debt.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure your teams have clear tactical and strategic backlogs.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and mentor Coconut’s team of software engineers and technical leaders, building and growing a high-performance team through ongoing coaching, engagement, performance management, and career development.
- Build and nurture a culture of quality, ownership, collaboration, continuous improvement and data driven decision making
- Amaze our customers and end users.
- Use data to objectively measure impact and optimize engineering processes.
- Meet deadlines. Coordinating with technical team members in order to deliver quality results within a project’s deadlines.
- Accountable for engineering delivery – deliver software releases using agile processes at regular cadence with enterprise level quality and performance
- Collaborate with the Product team, Senior Engineers, and CEO to define strategy, product roadmap and technology roadmap
- Set technical direction, drive evolution of the systems architecture influencing decisions for scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Drive process improvements using agile best practices, continuous deployment, continuous integration and test-driven development
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality and raise the bar on operational excellence
- Help identify key priorities, and design and manage operating structures that support a high performing and effective teams and a reliable, sustainable, and high-quality delivery process;
- Track projects to ensure that all information needed to file the SRED return is readily available and accurate. May assist the Finance team in preparing Coconut’s SRED submission.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of software development experience building customer facing products and services.
- Must have 2+ years of people management experience leading full-stack engineering teams building services, data systems, APIs and web applications
- Must have experience designing and delivering distributed, highly available, large scale, high performing enterprise SaaS applications
- Experience and skills in establishing and improving metrics-based processes
- Customer-first, team oriented, and results-driven mindset and the ability to make practical decisions when making engineering choices
- Deep organization capabilities, especially in influence, collaboration and communication with ability to develop strong alliances cross-functionally
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- A history of successfully managing projects from conception through development, deployment and maintenance, preferably in a SAAS based business;
- A proven track record for coaching, managing and developing team leaders and developers including identifying exceptional team members, supporting your team through promotion processes, and aiding in succession planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can articulate concepts clearly and concisely.
- A solutions-oriented mindset with both the patience and drive to lead in an innovative, fast-moving, growing service-based environment
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like Cabana Days (additional paid time off on top of vacation), remote work, and employee stock options, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to take the next step in your career!
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Opportunity to work from home
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor