Key Accounts Manager
Hydrofarm Canada (doing business as Eddi’s Wholesale, Greenstar and Aurora Peat) is a leading manufacturer and wholesale supplier of quality horticultural and hydroponic products to the Canadian market. We are the Canadian division of Hydrofarm LLC which is a public company traded on NASDAQ. Our goal is to go beyond serving our clients’ basic needs by providing complete and comprehensive service and a comprehensive portfolio of products servicing both the Hydroponic and Lawn & Garden segments.
Hydrofarm Canada operates 2 Canadian warehouses (Langley BC & Cambridge Ontario) to service the Canadian market and has manufacturing facilities in both Langley (Greenstar Plant Products) and Edmonton (Aurora Peat Products). We are a division of Hydrofarm (NASDAQ: HYFM) which is an international company and an established leader in the Hydroponic segment in the United States.
We are looking for a business builder who is energized by a fast paced and high change environment while being passionate about premium products in the agriculture, hydroponic and nutrient industry.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with key accounts; must be cognizant of their strategic direction, financial strength, challenges, and overall value as a business partner
- Develop and manage a business forecast which aligns to goals while ensuring the forecast accounts for market dynamics are driving the current and future performance, i.e., new areas, new/lost accounts, inventory, account expansion, etc.
- Analyze & understand the critical drivers impacting the business and develop strategies and tactics that capitalize on these drivers.
- Key indicators include POS, OTD, direct shipments, share development, category index, mix management, spending, returns/markdowns, etc.
- Understand and utilize all key measurements available to manage the business pace, i.e., Inventory Management and SKU productivity
- Ensure execution of corporate marketing strategy and supplement as needed with account specific programming
- Create and implement new item launch plans
- Deliver thought leadership within the account to establish Hydrofarm as THE category resource
- Identify and develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members including but not limited to marketing, customer service, purchasing, operations and the field sales team
- Champion business needs for the accounts, whether direct buy or serviced through a distributor; work with peers to manage and develop the indirect support team to ensure objectives are met
- Demonstrate clear ownership, leadership, and accountability
- Communicate crucial market, trade, and competitive information on a timely basis
Who We’re Looking For
Hydrofarm is a group of people who are truly obsessed in all the best ways about winning for the consumer and the brands they love. And so, we are seeking an individual who:
- Is consumer focused with all they do
- Continually challenge themselves to go the extra mile to get the job done, and ensure it’s done the right way as opposed to the easy way
- Hold themselves and others accountable
- Embraces continual development through the sharing of feedback and investment in learning opportunities.
- Is a true collaborator, sharing resources, and engages in healthy debate
- Celebrates differences and strives to learn from others who are different from themselves
- Gives back to their community and supports sustainable practices
Other requirements include:
- Hunter mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of proven success and progression within the Sales function in the CPG industry utilizing your “big box” network of connections.(Walmart, Home Depot, Canadian Tire etc)
- Experience in Agriculture, Hydroponics and Nutrients working with buying groups and large and small retailers
- Highly analytical with a proven ability and understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Effective control of process and projects; detail oriented and organized
- Strong relationship management skills, including organizational analysis and negotiating skills
- A customer focus with high standards of integrity
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position