The Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) Project Coordinator oversees the implementation of social-emotional programming, as an approach to positively impact children, families, and staff. The SEL Coordinator will help staff foster growth in attending to the social & emotional needs and development of club members.
· Minimum – a 4-year college degree in the field of education, social work, child and family development, curriculum development or related field or equivalent. 5 years of experience with direct experience with SEL and restorative practices
· Three years of working with youth required. Experience in curriculum development and preparation.
· Administration experience preferred.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and staff.
· Knowledge of current educational theories and various teaching methodologies.
· Knowledge of social-emotional strategies.
· Must be familiar with the community and support agencies
· Must be adaptable to meet the needs of the families in the program in addition to working flexible hours to accommodate work in the evening
· Experience working in an educational, social service, or family support service setting
· Experience with child development and effective parenting techniques
· Experience working with families that have diverse cultures and economic backgrounds
· Preferred - Ability to communicate in the native language(s) of program recipients
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans, coordinates, and implements Social & Emotional Learning programs in the respective club and/or organization
- Model and side-by-side coaching to improve staff practices as it relates to socially and emotionally healthy practice and social-emotional skill instruction.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of coaching observation and goals as determined by Club data.
- Engage in SEL development to enhance skills and maintain high standards of performance to efficiently and effectively produce positive outcomes. Works closely with the club and the Programs and Operations teams.
- Plans and organizes SEL workshops.
- Works closely with at-risk students to ensure they receive continued support for their educational goals
- Informs families of community resources that could provide needed assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled