RN SUPERVISOR - INCLUDES GREAT HEALTH INSURANCE BY 1ST OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING START DATE! WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT.
EPIC Rehabilitation and Nursing at White Plains is seeking multiple Registered Nurse Supervisor's. EPIC Rehabilitation and Nursing at White Plains, is a brand new Skilled Nursing Home located in the heart of White Plains. This SNF is part of our " Epic Healthcare Management" group of facilities. **FULL TIME EVENINGS**
The role of the RN Supervisor
is to be responsible for the operation of the nursing department and facility
as well as organize and maintain staffing guidelines to meet resident needs. Communicates and ensures that policies,
procedures, practices, objectives and goals are carried out to attain maximum
resident care. Demonstrates
administrative/clinical expertise which is consistent with the established
standards of Nursing Practice.
a. Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
b. Must have a current RN license and registration in New York State.
2. Work Experience:
a. Previous experience with geriatric/short term rehabilitation/Alzheimer’s patients is desirable
b. At least four years of progressive Nursing experience in a geriatric setting. Supervisory experience in Nursing preferred.
3. Job Knowledge/Requirements:
a. Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory, practice, and standards; thorough understanding of the New York State Health Code and the survey process
b. Must have a sincere desire to work with the elderly, chronically ill, and disabled.
a. Must have a thorough knowledge of medical, social, and psychological needs of residents.
b. Must utilize good judgment in emergency situations.
c. Must be able to prioritize, adjust with interruptions, and communicate effectively.
d. Proficient in Computers/Microsoft Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: During your shift you may be required to perform some or all the following:
1. Responsible for the operation of the Nursing Department and facility.
2. Organize and maintain staffing guidelines to meet resident needs.
3. Direct services and communicate to ADNS/ DNS/Administrator and other Interdisciplinary Team members as needed.
4. Communicate and promote the facility in a positive manner.
5. Identify and follow disciplinary action as stated in Human Resource policy and procedures.
6. Instruct, educate and re-enforce policy and procedures of the facility.
7. Assure adequate provisions are provided for residents and facility needs.
8. Collaborate with community facilities/physicians’/and other vendors’/services to assure resident care is provided.
9. Perform RN assessment to resident’s post incident/falls or change in condition.
10. Able to direct pertinent plan of care needs for residents.
11. Lead and direct Emergency situations – (e.g. - Fire alarm, Elopement, Police etc.)
12. Maintain accurate nursing report, staffing sheets and census roster.
13. Utilize the nursing process in the care of designated residents.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position