Are you an organized and enthusiastic fundraiser that has a heart for those experiencing homelessness? Join our Development Team! The Mustard Seed is seeking an energetic relational Fund Development Coordinator to help eliminate homelessness and reduce poverty in the cities where we serve. The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Mustard Seed’s Fund Development program by assisting and sustaining related donor stewardship activities. This position will provide support to development initiatives, maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations and Development.
Position Type: Full time
Reporting to: Chief Development Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Development team in tasks regarding the donor stewardship cycle, with the goal of increasing donor commitment and donation revenue year-over-year
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to donor inquiries in a timely fashion
- Work with major gifts team to plan and implement an effective Donor Stewardship program, with the goal of achieving a high donor renewal rate and monthly donor conversion rate
- Assist with direct major gifts tasks
- Work with senior staff to identify key major donor giving opportunities, write opportunity proposals and support senior staff
- Work with the Development Officer to support the Development program through effective and intentional gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of personalized thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate
- Assist the Development Officer in establishing quarterly projections and report progress to the CDO and CEO
- Under the direction of the Development Officer and CDO, establish and meet donor acquisition and gift increase targets
- Plan and manage donor stewardship events
- Directly solicit donations, including in-kind from existing and new business donors
- Utilize Salesforce, our CRM/donor management database to: maintain accurate, up-to-date tracking of all major gift prospects and donors and appropriate documentation of all gifts, contacts, and calendars
- Create and execute plans to increase the rate of renewal amongst first-time donors to The Mustard Seed
- Support volunteer involvement within the Development department
- Support the Major Gifts team with day-to-day tasks, and with prospect management for larger campaigns
- Other duties as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education, with preference given to an applicant with 1 to 3 years of experience in fundraising within a non-profit environment
- A personal passion for serving people in need, and a strong ability to communicate that passion to others
- A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer service experience is an asset: two years in customer service role is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communications skills: making presentations and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills
- Proficient experience with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and online search tools
- Experience with Salesforce or other fundraising database software is an asset
- Proficient research skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- An energetic self-starter who can work independently and within a dynamic team environment, managing multiple projects and adhering to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to accomplish results
- Support Development team by screening incoming visitors to the office
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- This position requires the use of a personal vehicle for company use. The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and maintain $2M Vehicle Liability insurance on the vehicle being used.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.