The part-time Communications Assistant is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Communications Director (with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Promotions Director, the Digital Strategy Director, and the Editorial Manager) for serving as a single point of contact with (and for) the Communications Department with respect to the receiving and processing of requests for services from the Communications Department. Also for managing the placement of the project and its respective tasks into the project management system. Additionally, serves as primary overseer of print shop operations and performs basic Administrative Assistant duties for the Communications Director and for the department.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Performs all project management system functions including: checking for new communication requests throughout the day; creating timelines for all projects based on generating/editing copy, design, proofing time, and printing; determining each action point (task) needed to complete the project; entering tasks into the project management system and assigning to team members; outsourcing projects during heavy work times; updating project management system on a daily basis
· Oversees Print Shop operations, including the recruitment and training of volunteers
· Assembles printing quotes for clients from Communications vendors when outsourcing is necessary
· Assisting the Account Managers, participates in production team meetings to divide work between designers (or freelance), discusses current projects, future projects, and overdue projects, resolves red-flag issues
· Looks ahead at upcoming projects to ensure team has everything they need to smoothly transition from one project to the next
· Makes sure files are delivered to the printers on time
· As necessary, follows up with account managers with any additional requests clients have concerning their projects (although most client communication will be with account managers).
· Contacts bulletin stuffers each week to inform them of how many bulletin inserts are scheduled
· Create monthly and annual reports of the projects and activities of the Communications Department.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains an up-to-date list of vendor information and providing one point of contact from the Communications department to our vendors and freelancers.
· Works with vendors to get the best prices and services for our projects.
· Along with account managers, cultivates the good relationships BBC has with its vendors.
· Fills out check request forms for receipts and manages departmental invoices.
· Monitors and actuates tasks of the Communications department for onboarding new staff and reports according to the system set out by human resources.
· Coordinates and arranges meetings, setting up food, and reserving rooms when requested.
· Attends departmental staff meetings for input and informational purposes when requested
· Maintains inventory and placement/storage of portable campus signage (Brentwood campus)
· Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
· Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
· Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
· Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
· Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
· Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
· Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional Staff positions only)
· Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
· Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
· Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
· Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
· Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
· Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
· Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
· Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
· Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
o Understanding of basic data management.
o Project management skills.
o Ability to learn other church computer-based management services, such as Ministry Platform, Martus, and eSpaces.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Must possess professional phone skills
o Excellent relational skills.
o Strong work ethic with can-do attitude.
o Must possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
o Must be punctual and confidential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university; or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of administrative support, communications, or project management.
- This is a part-time, 20 hour a week position.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled