CFO – Corporate
The position of
Accounting Manager is responsible for developing and deploying effective
accounting strategies across the country that ensures compliance and
efficiency. This includes managing accounting staff, statutory accounting,
audit and regulatory issues, financial performance reporting, bookkeeping and
department support. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for
development and training of accounting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the annual Fiscal Year (FY)
audit, collaborating with external auditors to ensure successful audit
results and compliance.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and
produce financial reports in compliance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International
Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as needed and within required
- Prepare and file annual FY corporate taxes.
- Assist in completing annual applications
for applicable provincial and federal Investment Tax Credits (ITCs)
- Oversee payroll postings and related
statutory filings like Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance
(EI), Income Taxes, and Workers Compensation premiums, in consultancy with
the Human Resources Manager.
- Oversee GST / PST and all other statutory filings
and complete monthly and annual related reporting (external and internal)
in an accurate and timely manner. Set-up, track, and maintain the
statutory compliance calendar.
- Complete and submit StatsCan survey
reports and other regulatory queries.
- Complete and submit monthly check-off
(levy) reports to all applicable provinces within required deadlines.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and
annual Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) required reports.
- Prepare and submit required Export
Development Canada (EDC) reports within required deadlines.
- Complete General Ledger (GL)
- Actively communicate with finance back
office and finance team in head office and ensure smooth transition on
fixed asset schedule, depreciation schedule, and bank loan schedules to
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable
and ensure that all revenues/sales are billed in time and captured in the
system along with payables.
- Coordinate with finance team in
transitioning responsibilities back to other finance roles, as determined
and directed by FC. Assist in training staff and/or developing training
materials for responsibilities listed above.
- Train, supervise and mentor accounting
staff, conducting probationary and performance reviews.
- Direct and support Plant Accounting
Supervisor on the matters related to monthly physical and book inventory
reconciliations of our own plants
- Housekeeping and system upkeep of existing
accounting software, making sure it is in line with business and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Finance
and Accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a finance/accounting team and
3 years of Canadian corporate tax reporting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including extensive experience
- Experience using accounting software; prior experience using Sage
- Prior experience using Salesforce customer relationship management
software an asset
- The ability to delegate and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships
within a geographically and culturally diverse work setting
- Ability to use initiative to identify problems and deliver
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with
a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential materials
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our first priority is the safety of our employees and their families. During the current Covid-19 crisis, candidates may be interviewed using web conferencing.