The Credit Analyst is responsible for analyzing and monitoring the creditworthiness of the Bank’s customers. This position also reviews financial statements, tax returns and bank references to evaluate the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the bank.
- Obtains loan request information from commercial lender or borrower to analyze credit information, financial statements and other related information pertaining to the loan.
- Researches background documentation and reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Analyzes financial information and prepares the preliminary analysis for the lender.
- Requests and obtains financial statements on existing borrowers.
- Reviews and prepares written analysis, spreadsheets, reports, summaries, and opinions. Prepares or assists in the preparation of loan memorandum for presentation to lenders and/or loan committee.
- Assists lenders with calls on past-due loans as assigned by senior management with the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Updates collateral values, as needed on delinquent loans.
- Assists in compiling data for management reporting, such as loan portfolio analysis.
- Prepares and distributes residential mortgage loan rates weekly and monthly.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
Bachelor’s degree in business
Training and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
- Ability to conduct complex financial analysis, use spreadsheet software tools, and effectively communicate finds to loan officers and senior management.
- Effective organizational and time-management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data.
Physical Demands: Performing the duties of this job requires the ability to hear and understand the normal conversation and the ability to speak clearly. The work involves prolonged movement (sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping); carrying and/or lifting objects up to 10 lbs. sometimes occurs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This is a full-time position and the normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasionally, the job may require evenings and weekend work to meet deadlines. This position is based in Baton Rouge. Travel between branch locations will be required and will primarily occur during the normal workday.
Citizens Bank and Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled