Job Title: Host/Hostess
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
A host/hostess coordinates activities of dining room to provide fast and courteous service to patrons and manages reservations and seating.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Takes accurate reservations using Open Table
· Calls customers to confirm reservations
· Answers the phones and relays efficient messages
· Greets guests with the upmost hospitality, leads them to tables, pulls out chairs, and provides menus after everyone is seated
· Ensures that tables are clean and properly set-up before seating customers
· Strategizes and coordinates seating of customers to ensure that customers are evenly distributed among servers when possible.
· Makes sure that menus are clean and current
· Provides prompt, attentive, professional and friendly (smile)
· Acknowledges guests as they leave the property
· Acts as liaison between kitchen and dining room
· May operate cash register
· Maintains customer wait lists and quotes accurate wait times
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
· Maintains a clean and organized host stand
· Communicates immediately with management regarding any customer problem or complaint
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback to improve performance
· Job Knowledge - Competent in using restaurant phone systems and Open Table software and restaurant table layout, etc.
· Use of Technology - Competently use Open Table software for seating customers
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and professionally
· Ethics - Works with integrity and principles
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
· Sales Skills - Maintains customer satisfaction
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
· Focus – Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy in fast-paced environment
· Education and/or Experience - No prior experience or training
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - A valid TIPS Certification recommended
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.