Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
GSL Group is currently looking for a permanent full-time Accounting Assistant to assist our Accounting team in Delta, B.C. Reporting to the Corporate Operations Controller, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for various accounting functions which include coordinating and preparing financial reporting for the organization.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A day in the life:
This role will have several accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- A/P - able to post timely and accurate payments to vendors and process cheques for multiple entities
- A/R – issuing invoices, posting transactions, and applying payments
- Reconcile credit cards and prepare summaries
- Assisting with cash flow and year-end auditing
- Reconciliation of various monthly remittances, including GST/PST
- Prepares bank deposits and ensures that bank deposits occur in a timely manner.
- Preparing and maintaining various reports including but not limited to financial statements, credit card transaction reports, excel summary reports, etc.
- Assists with monthly cheque signing summaries
- Assists with the reconciliation of the bank and general ledger monthly
- Other tasks and duties as needed
You own this if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or working towards an accounting designation is an asset
- Proficient command with database software and Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Dynamics and Jet Reports are preferred but not required
Ideally you will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to exercise good accounting judgment and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Strong people skills, with the proven ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Remote working temporarily due to Covid-19
- Awesome co-workers!
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position