Do you have strong customer service and critical thinking skills? Do you have the desire to work for an organization that is working to eliminate homelessness and reduce poverty? Join the Information Technology Team! The Mustard Seed is seeking a Service Desk Technician.
The Service Desk Technician is the first point of contact for IT support requests and provide first level technical support to internal clients. The role will also provide administrative support to the team by assisting with documentation of processes and incidents as well as cataloguing inventory and assets.
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and log calls into the service desk ticketing system, resolve the issue and validate with the users that the incident has been resolved.
- Trouble shoot the following issues:
o Windows OS issues for Win 10, Win 7, Win 8
o Systems Administration for Office365, Office365 Exchange, SharePoint and Teams.
o Resolve Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email,
o Hardware issues – network printers, Smartphone, Tablet, Android, and iOS (remotely)
o MAC Operating System
- Assist in the planning, documentation, implementation and support of The Mustard Seed computing infrastructure including servers, LANs and WANs.
- Assists in the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies and maintain inventory records and listings of the organizations IT assets.
- Ensures that company assets are inventoried and maintained responsibly.
- Monitor the daily performance of computer systems.
- Support a work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork
- Coordinate all hardware acquisitions for the organization.
- Coordinate with supply partners on acquisition timelines, discounts, and preferential supply
- Assist with VPN Setup, Firewalls, Deploy Antivirus Software
- Diagnose remote access issues, solve and escalate to Senior Technical Analyst appropriately.
- Diagnose network issues (PING, TRACERT, etc.) and internet issues (speed/bandwidth)
- Accountable to meet team key performance indicators (KPI)
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Completion of college program/courses in computer science, computer program or network administration and/or a combination of education and experience is required
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software as well as server backup software.
- Have or working towards certification in Microsoft products, servers and Network Technology
- Familiarity with how to use device manager, install devices, troubleshoot drivers
- Familiarity with the Task Manager, Reliability Monitor and other troubleshooting interfaces
- Have specialist knowledge of technical applications and a good understanding of operating systems, computers, and applications software.
- Familiarity with Network Infrastructure (Router, Wireless Access Points, Switch, cabling)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Have patience and the ability to explain solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop productive and respectful relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrate team commitment by fulfilling commitment/duties and meeting deadlines
- Recognize own strengths and abilities and ask for help as required
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days.
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.