- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Join our team, in our vibrant and impressive office and warehouse.
- Full-time Permanent Position.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB
provides support to more than 8,500 people weekly across Vancouver, Burnaby,
New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to
approximately 80 community agencies throughout these communities, such as
housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after school programs, who
in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and
effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes
4.5M lbs of food each year.
We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with
excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit
plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued
vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday
and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the
GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our
employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living
in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring,
professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and
supportive team with strong leadership.
The GVFB is seeking a Online Fundraising Specialist who is passionate about fundraising
and donor experience. They have the dedication and fundraising skills to make a
lasting impact within the organization. They play a key role in growing the
Food Bank’s online presence, promoting and managing the Food Bank’s Virtual
Food Drive peer-to-peer site, crafting compelling email communications and
creating a memorable online donor experience. They are a positive,
solutions-oriented team player helping us to reach our fundraising goals and
create online enthusiasm for the work of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
- Overall day-to-day management of the
Luminate Online fundraising platform;
- Developing & managing email campaigns,
donation forms, Teamraiser (peer-to-peer) and other web projects in
collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- Crafting an online donor experience that
promotes the GVFB’s mission and accomplishes GVFB’s fundraising goals through
developing online donor recruitment, engagement, recognition & stewardship;
- Managing Teamraiser events &
configuration – including the Virtual Food Drive and similar peer-to-peer
- Providing personal attention to Teamraiser
‘champions’ – providing coaching, fundraising assistance, support and
‘prompting’ to ensure fundraising opportunities are maximized and barriers to
success are removed;
- Implementing and monitoring website
analytics (Google Analytics) to ensure a comprehensive view of user interaction
with the website, all Luminate properties and all inbound marketing or
- Leveraging social media as a marketing and
fundraising tool, tracking and reporting on comparative conversion rates and
ROI and making recommendations for budget spending;
- Staying current on industry tools and
trends including web technologies; online fundraising best practices; social
media and continually learn technical skills to improve the Food Bank’s online
presence and fundraising success.
attributes and core skills
- A deep understanding of online
fundraising, email communications and content management best practices;
- Must be able to exercise decisiveness and
good judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach
- Familiarity with search engine
optimization, website analytics, and campaign performance tracking;
- Strong project coordination skills,
including ability to work proactively and efficiently, set priorities, and meet
overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Outstanding organizational skills and
attention to detail;
- Knowledge and competency in using social
media in fundraising and its execution;
- Strong interpersonal and donor relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and as part
of a team;
- Function as an integral member of the
overall team, and provide not only leadership and strategy, but also
recommendations and support as appropriate;
- Willingness to learn and grow as strategies
and technologies evolve.
Qualifications and experience
- 1+ years’ experience with Luminate Online in
a not-for-profit organization preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or
fundraising. Experience in a nonprofit organization is a substantial plus;
- Experience with content management and
donor relationship management systems;
- Experience and familiarity with Raisers
Edge a plus;
- Data entry experience;
- Knowledge and experience with digital
marketing tools, including Google Analytics;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Acrobat,
Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn other software programs as needed
We are actively recruiting for this position
and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and
cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with
vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to high volume applications, only
those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for
your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.