Start Date: Approximately October 22, 2018
End Date: Approximately January 7, 2019
Accountable to the Food and Beverage Operations Manager, the Server is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of food & beverage to guests within a full-service catering department and the zoo’s onsite restaurant.
- Set up, delivery and tear down of all catered events/functions.
- Deliver food and beverage according to the standards and policies outlined within the organization.
- Set up furniture, equipment, and décor for catered functions as directed by the Banquet Captain.
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests.
- Answer questions about menu items.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Fill salt & pepper shakers, sugar & cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Set up server stations and dining areas to prepare for the next shift.
- Perform closing cleaning duties such as tidying up server station.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies, procedures, and departmental standards.
- Support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Complies with the zoo’s health and safety program.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- ProServe Liquor License is mandatory.
- Some serving experience in a banquet environment is a strong asset.
- Must have a great attitude and provide excellent customer service.
- Complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Must take initiative.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Independent worker.
- A commitment to serving guests promptly and courteously.
- Required to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Labour intensive.
- Heavy lifting, walking and standing for long periods of time required.
- Shift work required, including late evenings, early mornings, holidays and weekends.
- May be exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals and supplies, hot food preparation equipment, smoke, and other hazardous conditions common to commercial food preparation areas.
What the zoo has to offer:
- $15.00/hour plus gratuities.
- Discounts on food, beverage, and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you, and a guest pass.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to submit your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department through our online application system.
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.