The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for reviewing claims to ensure maximum reimbursement by following up with insurance carriers and patients as well as recognizing any trends in reporting and communicating those trends to the lead and/or manager for review.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports directly to the A/R Manager. This position works collaboratively with other Emergicon personnel in all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all claims over 90-days on the A/R reports in a timely manner
• Work assigned denials and correspondence within 2 business days of receipt
• Report all trends detected in A/R management
• Prepare corrected claims and appeals, as needed
• Process inbound and outbound calls as needed to insurance carriers and patients
• Follow all state and federal collections and HIPAA laws
• Align with & support Emergicon’s core values & behaviors
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Maintain any certification applicable to job functions
• Computer Literacy
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with patients, insurance carriers, co-workers, management and others
• Detail Oriented
• Knowledge of managed care plans, insurance, medical terminology
• Knowledge of reimbursement fee schedules (Medicare and Medicaid)
• Knowledge of refund processes and requirements
• Ability to establish/maintain cooperative working relationships with staff
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in Medicare A/R, appeals, correspondence and denials a plus!
Emergicon requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
EMERGICON LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled