Coconut is looking for an experienced FP&A Manager to expand our FP&A function and take it to the next level. After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, we are gearing up to scale even faster and are looking to add someone to our team to help guide the business with advanced modeling and financial analysis.
Working closely with the VP of Finance, this position leads Coconut’s FP&A function and is responsible for owning Coconut’s financial models and planning processes. This role also interacts with other teams across the company, delivering value-added business analysis and meaningful financial reports to help propel revenue growth, reduce costs, and encourage more insightful and accurate business decisions.
You Are Fired Up To:
- Manage and continuously improve Coconut’s 3-year financial model including the annual budget, quarterly rolling forecast, and cash plan
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare predictive planning scenarios and sensitivity analysis
- Provide forward-looking information and analysis to senior leadership for decision-making purposes
- Track key SaaS metrics and generate monthly KPI reports
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics using in-depth financial analysis, and coordinate preparation of ad hoc performance analytics to support management decision making
- Perform strategic and financial analysis to inform/validate all major decisions for the business including budget allocation, capital structure, pricing strategy, margin targets, unit economics, sales and marketing spend efficiency, and hiring plans
- Develop business cases to evaluate new product opportunities and market segments, and measure the financial performance of new initiatives
- Identify risks and opportunities across the business based on data-driven insights
- Assist the VP of Finance on special projects such as fundraising, M&A, and other ad-hoc initiatives
- Support IT-focused workflow that leverages technology to streamline processes and provide more timely and accurate financial information
- Collaborate with the broader Finance team on various areas including financial reporting, funding applications, and preparation of presentation decks
Who Should I Be?
- Highly motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic.
- Extremely passionate about your work
- Interactive and and eager to work in collaboration with various team members
- Must possess strong project planning and execution skills, as well as the ability to continually drive process improvement
- Dependable and trustworthy - you don’t cut corners; do what is right and use your own judgment in a sound manner
- Be an engaged communicator, focused, and driven with a keen sense of purpose and urgency
What you bring to the team:
- 5-10 years experience in a Finance role, including an FP&A or similar capacity
- Completion of a professional financial designation (i.e. CPA, CFA)
- Experience implementing and using FP&A and cash planning software (Jirav, Float, etc…)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Effective writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally in an autonomous work environment
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills
- Proven ability to translate strategic insights, initiatives, and projects into a financial
- FP&A experience with a SaaS company or other subscription-based business model considered an asset
- Prior experience in a startup environment considered an asset
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home). After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company is gearing up to scale the business event faster next year.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and the opportunity to work from home, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Opportunity to work from home
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor