Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Direct Reports: None
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing and growing existing partnerships and cultivating new sponsor relationships to exceed annual individual and team goals to support the ArtsQuest sustainability model.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer, Director of Business Development and other development/sponsorship team members to prospect new business or corporate partners; could include making cold calls, arranging meetings with potential sponsors, and actively promoting the mission of the organization.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing partners; renew annual support year-over-year and grow the support of existing partners.
- Develop creative sponsorship concepts and proposals by working collaboratively with all internal teams to include but is not limited to Marketing, Hospitality, Performing Arts, Visual Arts and Facilities and Festivals; make presentations to corporate and business decision makers.
- Negotiate and manage in-kind / trade partnerships with area restaurants and vendor partners.
- As part of the sponsorship and development team, actively work to meet and exceed aggressive annual budget goals for sponsorship.
- Work with Partnership Activation Specialists to ensure fulfillment of all contractual obligations for targeted corporate and business partners.
- Attendance of internal AQ committee meetings designed to create, improve and guide current, returning or new events. Maintaining and sustaining event participation/creation and growth of events such as Cars and Coffee, SangriaFest, TacoFest, etc.
- Attendance at meetings hosted by Downtown Bethlehem Association and Chamber of Commerce as a representative of AQ when needed or appropriate to help grow/maintain standing within these associations.
- Secure print and digital advertisers for ArtsQuest’s Artonomous Media products.
- Secure hotel partnerships to include rooms for artists and other performers who are booked for ArtsQuest’s events and festivals along with promotions and contests.
- Secure mobile marketers – both nationally and locally – for ArtsQuest festivals and events that not only provide financial support, but also add unique elements that enrich the patron’s experience.
- Attend internal and external networking events to cultivate relationships.
- Invite and host prospective partners at ArtsQuest Events
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all inclusive. This position may be assigned and expected to handle other tasks and duties reasonably related to job the responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be goal-oriented and driven to achieve and exceed results.
- Must have the ability to work independently, think on feet, and creatively problem solve.
- Three to five years of similar work experience in sales and marketing, economic or community development, or fundraising in a non-profit environment, or equivalent.
- Previous experience or knowledge of sponsorship in events, festivals, sports and/or non-profit programs.
- Experience or knowledge of the Lehigh Valley, its leading business corporations and its non-profit and government institutions and leaders; must love to network.
- Ability to call upon prospective corporate partners, set a meeting, understand their needs, and offer partnership or sponsorship packages to meet those needs.
- Ability to assess sponsorship opportunities and develop creative sponsorship packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a functioning personal vehicle required for travel to and from current and potential business partner locations as well as between our different office locations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays during festivals and events in order to ensure all sponsor needs are being met.
The following qualities are desirable, but not required:
- Previous success in obtaining sponsorships, and in building and maintaining long term relationships with advertisers and/or businesses.
- Experience working with Blackbaud Products, especially Raiser’s Edge.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Ability to see, hear, listen, talk, use a phone.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk.
- Ability to use a computer, mouse, and phone.
- Ability to lift, push or pull objects up to 25 pounds occasionally using appropriate tools, with or without reasonable accommodation.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.