Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Cook position. Come and join our amazing team!
We are looking for an individual to join our team immediately. Someone who is invested in providing exceptional experiences to our guest and members.
The Cook responsibilities include preparing food, providing restaurant guests excellent food quality, quality in terms of consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service.
Full Time - Hourly
Lexington Golf & Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
As a Cook, you will be primarily responsible for preparing food, assisting the Executive Chef and culinary team in the setting up of food preparation according to the description, while adhering to sanitation practices. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork while providing restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assists others in closing the kitchen
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required
- Cover, date, and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Close the kitchen correctly by following the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare the menu for service
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
- Prepare buffets and food displays while maintaining the highest hygienic standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- Must be nice
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours)
- Able to work in a hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel
- Any other duties assigned by the manager
- Ability to speak English
- Able to Stand for 5+ Hours
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to lift/carry/move 50+ lbs. ability to stand upright for extended periods of time
- Ability to spend extended periods of time bending/twisting/reaching
- Works well with others and on a team
- Flexible to work holidays, weekends and nights
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment
- Work well under pressure and have a strong desire to learn
- Be punctual, focused, dedicated & reliable, willing to work a flexible schedule
- Previous cooking experience in a restaurant and/or culinary experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant
- Ability to multitask under pressure and the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities
Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: All of these functions are essential primarily because of the heavy production associated with Banquets. Mobility, full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day. Continuous standing, usually all day. Must have a moderate hearing to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
1-2+ years preferred
- Chemicals/Agents: grease strip, bleach, grease cutter, Lime Away
- Kitchen equipment – kitchen utensils, sharp knives, pots & pans, hot liquids, deep fryer, oven, stove
- Protective Clothing: hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes - approximately 100% of 8-hour shift
Indoors most of the shift. Taking out the trash, assist in cleaning up outdoor functions, cook or run food to outdoor tables can result in being outside for a percentage of some shifts.
Every aspect of Lexington Golf & Country Club is thoughtfully tailored to the people who live, work and visit this Virginia area. Our associates understand the needs and wants of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits Lexington Golf & Country Club, and support one another in doing so.
Up to Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Currently, Up to Par Management oversees operations for four golf clubs, one resort golf course, and one hotel. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates. Up to Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.