Bar Manager - The Gahan House
At the Gahan House, we believe in great beer, great food, and providing the "Gahan Experience" through our genuine hospitality. We elevate the brew-pub experience for every guest by using fresh local ingredients in both our handcrafted beers and delicious food. The 'Gahan Experience' is a memorable one. Experience the food. Experience the beer. Experience the Gahan.
The Gahan House
At the Gahan House, the Bar Manager will work along with the rest of the management team to ensure a culture exists that promotes having fun at work while providing guests with memorable experiences. They will work a weekly mix of bar management and bar shifts, and occasional dining room management shifts. During dining room management shifts, this person will oversee the successful running of service, ensuring team members are providing guests the best experience, addressing team member and customer concerns, and providing a helping hand where necessary. Our team members are industry professionals, independent thinkers and take great pride in the service they provide.
As Bar Manager, You Will
- The Bar Manager will work with the management team to oversee the successful running of the restaurant, working to achieve the financial, marketing, and human resource goals and objectives as set by Murphy Hospitality Group.
- Achieve or exceed daily sales projections
- Demonstrate and communicate the Gahan House vision to all team members and lead by example
- Complete weekly bar inventory and ordering through industry partners, and other suppliers
- Ensure team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature and ensure necessary training is complete
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, quality food and drink products
- Work with bar team to encourage continuous learning and product knowledge
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution and problem-solving building and maintaining authentic relationships with guests and team members
- Perform and ensure team members are performing all front of house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending, serving, and expediting
- Represent the Gahan House at offsite events
What You Bring
- 1+ years Bartending experience
- Ability to manage sales goals, inventory, and cash
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, balancing different priorities and duties
- A desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- A genuine care for guest service and the hospitality industry
What We offer
- Competitive wages
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness Programs
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Growth and professional development opportunities
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position