The Activities Aide position is to help assist in planning,
organizing and developing the operation of the Activity Department in
accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines,
regulations and the facilities established policies and procedures. The Activity
Aide is responsible for providing the residents with a variety of quality
programs, one-to-one visits and sensory/environmental stimulation to enhance
the quality of each resident’s life at the facility.
Status: Full time
9:30am - 6:00pm, This position works every other weekend and some holidays.
1. Plans, schedules, organizes and
implements programs of individual and group activities.
2. Completes the activities
component of the resident assessment.
3. Identifies and documents in the
resident’s care plan the activity interests, needs and related problems of the
4. Documents all interactions with
resident and/or family in the assessment and care plan as required by state
5. Transports/assists residents to
and from activities as necessary.
6. Observes and reports pertinent
information related to resident care to supervisor.
7. Maintains neatness of activity
areas including proper storage and infection control of activity supplies.
8. Documents necessary information
reflecting resident plan of care for activities and assures compliance with
regulatory standards. Maintains activity attendance records for each resident.
9. Communicates effectively with
residents, family members, volunteers, and other members of the health care
10. Attends required educational
programs and department meetings.
11. Assists in the orientation of new
personnel and volunteers as assigned.
12. Maintains resident medical and
social history confidentiality at all times.
13. Assists in preparing and
distributing activity calendars by the first of each month.
14. Plans, organizes and implements a
variety of expressive and creative activities based on the needs, interests,
preferences and abilities of the residents including holiday celebrations and
15. Assists in the implementation of
programs that enhance a sense of well-being; provides education, creativity,
provides activity programs to meet the physical, cognitive, psychosocial,
spiritual and recreational needs; promotes rehabilitation, independence,
self-image and quality of life for residents.
16. Recommends ordering of supplies.
17. Observes resident’s physical and
psychological needs, attitudes, reactions, etc.; reports unusual observations
18. Anticipates and takes action to
maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into
daily work practices.
1. High School graduate or
2. Previous training or experience
in activities or recreational therapy preferred.