Orleans Gardens Apartments!
The Assistant Manager (AM) assists the Property Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. This property serves residents under the Section 8 program, so demonstrated proficiency with relevant HUD program rules is strongly preferred (e.g., COS designation, etc.). In the Property Manager's absence, the AM will assume primary responsibility for managing the property. The AM is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits of all other monies. The AM will also assist in the design and delivery of Resident Services, with a special emphasis on activities and programs that focus on education, after-school tutoring, and learning activities for children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The AM supports the Property Manager by setting an example of excellence in property management and professional appearance for all on-site staff. The AM also conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing rules, Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing. Specific duties include:
- Collects all rent and other charges from residents.
- Promptly updates records regarding rents, deposits, and any other monies received. Verifies that all monies received correspond with lease and system of record.
- Issues appropriate tenant notices (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Maintains accurate records in our system of record (Yardi).
- Follows AHF’s Policies for Rental Collections including filing for evictions, attending court, and obtaining judgments.
- Maintains positive resident relations.
- Assists the Property Manager and main corporate office in designing, coordinating, scheduling and delivering Resident Services, including supervising teams of volunteers and reporting participation details and statistics to the corporate office.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, and takes appropriate measures to ensure a clean and orderly environment, consistent with our high standards.
- Inspects units when requested by Property Manager.
- Greets prospective residents, shows the community, conducts marketing, and processes rental applications, as needed.
- Assists in all required resident certifications (e.g., income and program eligibility).
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to Property Manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- In the absence of the Manager, coordinates vendors to ensure timely make-readies for move-ins.
- Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with the resident when work is completed.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by Property Manager.
- At least one-year experience at HUD (project-based) Section 8 program property.
- At least one-year experience in property management.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with: on-site rental systems (Yardi experience preferred); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Email (Gmail).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and complete assignments independently.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have clear, professional and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work well with children of all ages.
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating expertise in Affordable Housing (e.g., CPO, COS, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization).
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other company officials.
- The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or work area.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401K, training, opportunities for advancement, and an EOE/drug-free workplace.
ATLANTIC HOUSING is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled