Human Resource Assistant- ICONA Resorts
(not a remote position)
Make a splash at ICONA Resorts! As a growing company, ICONA Resorts currently includes four beach front properties at the Jersey Shore. Our collection of luxury beach front resorts includes ICONA Avalon, ICONA Diamond Beach, ICONA Cape May, and ICONA Windrift. Our foundation is proudly built on family values, and we strive to greet each day with love in our hearts.
At ICONA Resorts, our name is our mission. If you remove the ‘A’ from our name, we have ‘ICON’, which is defined as a sacred person, place or thing. Our properties provide a place of peace for our guests and Team Members. The ‘A’ in ICONA represents our Aloha Spirit, which signifies our purpose of serving our guests and Team Members with warmth, welcome, and love. Come join the ICONA Family and experience our heart for hospitality.
We are in the people loving business and ICONA Resorts is looking for a Human Resource Assistant to join our iconic team. This role will offer support to ICONA’s HR department and perform various administrative tasks and services to help maintain and align our efficient operations throughout our properties. We are looking for candidates who have two or more years of experience, a passion for people, and a heart for hospitality.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with payroll functions including processing information in the payroll system, which may include hourly rates, salary, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholdings, address changes, and other information.
- Aides with planning and execution of benefit enrollment, 401K, employee recognition, and company meetings
- Act as a liaison within ICONA Resorts and to external benefit providers and vendors
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and team members relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR team members.
- Partner with the Human Resources team to align and execute the HR strategies particularly as it relates to current and future processes, recruitment, succession planning, while developing and upholding the current missions.
- Assist with the full onboarding cycle, which includes recruiting, screening, interviewing, onboarding, and terminating Team Members
- Ensure every new Team Member provides and completes appropriate paperwork during the orientation and onboarding process
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of human resource files, records, and documentation while complying with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Preform periodic audits of files and records to ensure all documents are filed appropriately
- Attend and participate in weekly Aloha Culture meetings
- Adhere to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Resorts Handbook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills because we believe words paint pictures
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills are imperative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prior working knowledge of payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar applications.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Two years Human Resources Assistant generalist experience required.
- Experience working in seasonal businesses and/or hospitality and tourism industry is preferred
Physical Requirements and Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Physical Environmental Demands:
- Walk- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Stand- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl-Under 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Under 1/3rd of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.