The Order Management Specialist has the responsibility to manage dealer/distributor orders on a daily basis. They are the key link in communication with our customers for order/inventory questions. The individual works closely with our shipping department to ensure that every order is processed and delivered on time. A strong business acumen, basic accounting skills and the ability to reason through ever changing scenarios are necessities for this position. Taking the initiative, strong math skills, and the ability to anticipate problems before they happen are also essential for success in this position. The candidate must work well with a team of people who are committed to continuing the company's high growth rate.
· Act as liaison between the outside sales force and other functional areas of the company to ensure orders are well-managed from purchase, through order receipt to product delivery
· Ensure that all orders are tracked and all supporting documents are complete, current and stored appropriately. Enter and process all incoming orders - EDI, SAP based, e-mail
· Prepare and deliver timely with inventory management
· Follow up on order document results and keep the sales team informed of order status
· Partner with sales team regarding order acknowledgments, estimated ship dates and all applicable transactional information
· Coordinate activities related to order changes (changes to address, product, price, quantity, etc.) as well as submitting claims (unpaid invoices)
Tech Savvy, comfortable entering and retrieving data on web-portals, etc.
Basic knowledge of distributor, retail and e-commerce (drop ship) sales models
Excellent math, organization, and time management skills
Ability to work in a fast paced, performance based environment
Experience with SAP
Intermediate Excel skills - VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
Experience with EDI/vendor portals