The primary role of the full-time TMS Medical Technician is to oversee the TMS clinical services as well as provide exceptional customer service to make sure the highest quality work standards are achieved and maintained according to practice policies and procedures.
1. Provide TMS treatment according to specific physician protocols: Set up the TMS medical device and monitor all aspects of the treatment sessions for patient comfort and treatment accuracy
3. Accurately enter all patient information required into the system and record session notes and superbill by end of the day.
4. Strong communication skills that provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression or other various disorders.
5. Provide excellent patient care and treat them with compassion while developing trust and rapport.
6. Administer psychiatric rating scales and document outcomes on modalities.
7. Schedule and maintain patient appointments relative to all services offered by CCA and GRW that encompass patient treatment.
8. Have flexibility with time schedules to fit patients’ needs and requirements.
9. Answer patient phone calls and adjust the schedule to patient needs as necessary.
10. Ensure office space cleanliness, including but not limited to treatment rooms, waiting for areas, front desk and bathrooms.
11. Maintain patient safety by wearing personal protective equipment as required.
12. Assist with the patient resource center and integrate the current and potential patients on Move, HubSpot, etc.
13. Investigate and communicate insurance coverage and verification issues.
14. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with patient comfort, coil contact, and TMS system set-up throughout treatment.
15. Possess basic clinical assessment skills to identify real or potential adverse events during treatment where treatment should be interrupted or terminated.
16. Communicate concerns to TMS coordinator, clinical director, or physician when necessary.
17. Follows company policies and procedures as well as adhering to state and/or federal regulations.
18. Flexibility to travel to offices in surrounding Pittsburgh locations.
19. Work with the necessary Neuronetics or other various representatives to accomplish duties.
20. Perform additional duties as needed, up to and including the willingness to be flexible by possibly traveling to other facilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job without assistance from another individual. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be regularly
required to physically be able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific hand, visual, and auditory dexterity is required by this job, which includes close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (When required by the American with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• 1 or more years of medical office experience (Preferred)
• Medical Assistant (Preferred)
• Knowledge of medical authorizations (Preferred)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
• Completion of TMS Certification during training
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Understand and comply with HIPAA
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well with a team
• CPR Certified (or willing to get certification)
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Advance Sourcing Concepts is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled