Responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of products including meats, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, pizza dough
and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List. Responsible for keeping in
accordance with food safety regulations and preparing food in an accurate and timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to the following, and any other duties that may be needed
- Arrive to work in uniform as scheduled, ready to work.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Cook by broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing, or by other means.
- Complies with food safety standards by storing food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage and
labeling as directed by Kitchen Supervisor.
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté
burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Kitchen maintenance, including: emptying trash, washing dishes and utensils, cleaning, etc.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and proper food handling. Follow checklists and standard operation
- Portion food and place directly on plates for customer orders.
- Keep Food Handler’s certification card up-to-date in personnel file. Restock all items as needed throughout shift. Notify Chef of all shortages.
- Clean and maintain station by practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Properly use and maintain all kitchen equipment.
- Assist with cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Prepare and cook for banquets and catering events.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Head Chef at any time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic mathematics skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Possesses knife skills and food safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of kitchen practices and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with constant changes.
- Able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on occasion.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion may be required, such as walking, standing,
stooping, climbing, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and lifting; some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Requires ability to stand, talk, hear, taste, and smell.
- Requires regular lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires working in an area where high levels of noise and dust can be expected.
- Will work in conditions in which at times you may be subject to walking on oiled and slick surfaces.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
- Preferred culinary school/training or relative experience.
- Demonstrated knife skills.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES /REGISTRATIONS
- Current and valid Food Handlers Card
- Applicant must possess a current working home or cell phone.
We offer competitive wages with lucerative tip poolling program, full and part-time, flexible schedules, 50% meal discounts, complimentary bowling welcome package for new hires ...and MORE!