Payroll & Benefits Specialist
It takes a lot of people to bring the music and cultural events to the Lehigh Valley that we do throughout the year so to keep doing that we need to take care of our employees and a big part of that is getting them paid!
We’re hiring a Payroll and Benefits
Specialist here at ArtsQuest to oversee that payroll is processed on
time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Along with
payroll our employees receive excellent benefits, and this role handles the administration
of benefits and retirement 403(b) plan.
If you’re detail oriented and love
to help take care of great employees like they deserve, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Utilize HRIS and Payroll systems to timely and accurately process three bi-weekly payrolls including pay, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Maintain HRIS payroll and personnel records and assist employees in the use of HRIS Employee Self-Service.
- Run reports to stay on top of everything including Paid Time Off (PTO) administration.
- Assist with filing and administration of Workers' Compensation cases.
- Offer excellent customer service and support to our amazing employees.
- Oversees quarter and year-end payroll compliance activities and participate in payroll audits and reviews.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, tax, and labor laws.
- Maintain best practices/process documentation.
- Assists with benefits enrollments, changes, and terminations; processes required documents through HRIS and insurance broker to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Planning and coordination of the annual Benefits Expo/open enrollment process.
- Oversee all benefit compliance including reporting and distribution of required documents.
- Distribute all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Supports employees by responding to benefits inquiries.
- Process all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges and ensures timely payment of associated invoices following monthly reconciliation.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll and benefits within an HR function including enrollment, preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- SHRM certified preferred.
- Experience administrating accurate HRIS and payroll systems including but not limited to system setup and maintenance, workflow management, and reporting. Experience using UKG (Kronos) is a plus.
- Understanding of FLSA, FMLA, EEOC, ADA, ADEA, and other employment laws and regulations.
- Computer proficiency and HRIS system administration experience is essential; must be comfortable with technology and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is also preferred.
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center, and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest's programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.