Interested in utilizing your technical knowledge of railing and deck building? Do you have a passion for helping customers solve challenging problems, even those that they do not even know they have? Do you enjoy working with a team to help develop solutions to improve production for a builder/contractor? Come and join a fast-growing company that is recognized as a leader in the Railing industry.
Fortress Railing Products is hiring a Technical Product Specialist. In this role, you will be the technical voice in our sales process helping customers understand the value of Fortress Railing. Your responsibilities will include working directly with customers and the sales team, training customers and employees, and developing tools that will better support customers when installing our products. You will provide feedback to the team based on your interaction with customers and on-site experience. You will work closely with the customer is successful and gains an appropriate comfort level with our products. You will conduct internal training sessions, webinars, and lead external product knowledge/training sessions.
Position: Railing Technical Product Specialist
Reports to: General Manager
The Technical Product Specialist will play an important role in ensuring that Fortress Railing is continually increasing loyalty with customers by providing resources and support to ensure their success when installing Fortress Railing products.
The position will be based at Fortress HQ but will require occasional travel
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
- Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
- Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
- Prioritize and manage a wide variety of projects and ensure that they are delivered on time, on a budget, and with excellence
- Work collaboratively with different departments and functions
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Leverage deep product knowledge and consulting skills to assess client needs and assist in the design of optimal solutions
- Act as a trusted adviser and professional consultant, providing solutions to distributors, dealers, and most importantly builders/contractors
- Provide expertise and advice in a well-spoken, insightful, and collaborative way
- Work closely with Customer Engagement Manager and Product Managers on the development and delivery of product demonstrations, training, and sales tools
- Work closely with the Product Managers and the Innovations team on product design, product enhancements
- Assist the Sales team to better support their customers and drive profitable sales
- Visit important job sites to observe and train on installation practices
- Represent the company as a technical expert in a variety of events
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Expertise:
- At least 5 (five) years of applied professional experience in construction, preferably in decking and railing
- At least 2 (two) years of applied professional experience in technical sales
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field, or equivalent training and experience that provides a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and practices concerned with the field of construction.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interfacing abilities
- Drive to positively influence others.
- Ability to pioneer an innovative new product and successfully promote the value.
- Wherewithal to work well under pressure and manage difficult situations.
- Excellent ability to quickly understand and identify technical and business opportunities.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel (up to 35%)
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled