PLEA Community Services is currently seeking a Full-Time Excluded Human Resources Administrator for our HR team. The position will start as soon as possible. This position is excluded from union membership.
The incumbent is responsible to provide a full range of human resources administrative services. To work collaboratively with other members of the HR team and management to deliver excellent HR services, projects and results in support of the HR strategic plan and the operations of the agency. To ensure high quality, service driven employee experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter referencing competition number 50HRA082819.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities are shared amongst the team of HR Administrators. HR Administrators are trained in all key duties and responsibilities. However, some of the key duties and responsibilities are assigned to individual HR Administrators. The assignment of individual HR Administrator responsibilities is at the discretion of the Senior Director of HR.
- Acts as the first point of contact for employees regarding HR related matters. Provides advice and/or services to management regarding issues such as: recruitment, selection, orientation, staff development and training, performance evaluation, salary and benefit administration, employee assistance program referral, discipline, termination, and collective agreement application.
- Assists management with the recruitment life cycle process, including screening, interviewing, due diligence checks and presenting offers of employment. Organizes and takes part in career fairs and recruiting events. Updates and maintains job descriptions.
- Coordinates the complete life cycle of an employee from pre-boarding to off-boarding. Ensures employment records are maintained and in compliance with relevant standards, legislation, and collective agreement provisions.
- Coordinates the administration of the agency's benefits plan (onboarding, leaves, maintenance, terminations, and billings). Develops and monitors employee return to work and accommodation plans.
- Develops, implements, and maintains human resources policies, programs, management training, HR information sessions, lunch and learns, and related procedures and practices that are consistent with all legislative and/or collective agreement requirements and provisions.
- Collects and analyses HR data. Prepares both regular and on-demand reports, implementing recommendations. Completes HR projects as assigned. Participates in strategic planning for the department. Completes stakeholder surveys as required.
- Provides backfill coverage for the HR Assistant position when required. When backfilling, the HR Administrator is responsible for job postings and the upkeep of personnel records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A university degree in Human Resources Management.
- Two to three years of progressively more responsible experience as an HR Administrator.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- A demonstrated and in-depth working of human resources programs and services, applicable laws, regulations and standards, and Human Resources Information Systems.
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions.
- Highly anticipative and support of team needs.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with human resource policies and procedures, collective agreements and labor legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, interpret and summarize data and legal requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and establish a high level of trust and credibility.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
- Use of personal vehicle. This position requires travel in the Lower Mainland.
- A valid B.C. Driver's License (Class 5 or Class 7), and a suitable driver's abstract.
- Monday to Friday schedule from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM with a 30-minute lunch break based on 37.5 working hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Note: PLEA conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, and licensure.