The Maitre’ D is the person primarily in charge of FOH operations during the execution of any event. The Maitre’ D is not a working server but is the manager of the team responsible for assuring the guests and the guest of honor, close family and the Bride and groom are well taken care of throughout the event. Final accountability for all FOH steps of service and quality control rests on the Maitre’ D. Must be professional, energetic, polite, and reliable.
Essential Job Functions:
· Constant communication with the Head Server, Captain throughout the event
· Communicate issues with room set-up to Set-Up and/or Operations Manager
· Serve food and/or beverages to guests of honor when the head table server is occupied; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
· Adhere to company policy and State and Federal regulations regarding service of alcohol, including taking all steps necessary to ensure the proper age of all persons consuming alcohol served on premises and refusing to serve any person who appears to be intoxicated or, in the bartender’s or Manager on Duty’s best judgment, might become intoxicated by consumption of additional alcohol
· Follow Food Safety, Health Department, and ServeSafe standards
· Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Food Division and Health Department standards
· Maintain professional facility image including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
· Work to resolve any guest complaints with urgency
· Maitre'D will be responsible for closing the building at the conclusion of scheduled shift
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility in limited space.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs., including, but not limited to, lifting trays of food or food items on a regular and continuing basis.
- Understand and respond to employee and guest verbal requests and visual cues in a loud and extremely busy environment.
- Maitre D: 1 year (Preferred)
- Banquet: 1 year (Preferred)