Porters work with Janitors and Facilities Technician to keep businesses clean and ensure smooth operations. Waste collection is physically demanding work and must be performed indoors and outdoors. Porters collect debris and return equipment to their appropriate areas. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Waste disposal including moving trash cans and bags to the street for pickup
- Recycling materials stored as directed
- Assure a safe working environment while moving trash from the basement to the street
- Canisters and cans are to be emptied, cleaned and rinsed before taking to trash room.
- Assure the street, all sidewalks and traffic ways are clear and clean and sprayed down
- Perform tasks as directed by management while also working as a team
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50lbs
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Ability to take direction and follow processes
- No formal education requirement
- Experience in professional waste removal a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Nightclub, bar, and/ or lounge environment
- Involves some public contact
- Fast paced, high volume, high energy
- Hours may be part-time (less than 30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays