Barback - FGL House
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for setting up, stocking inventory, and maintaining cleanliness and organization within all bars, liquor rooms, storage rooms, and back of house areas throughout the venue. Assist bar team in opening and closing duties as necessary. Must be able to be physically active throughout shift including lifting various heavy objects. Work in an efficient and professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude and delivering superior Guest service at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepares all syrups, mixes, and garnishes
- Ensure opening, running, and closing duties are completed
- Maintain opening/closing liquor, beer, wine and consumables par, and report any shortage or breakage of stock
- Ensure proper rotation of all liquor, beer, wine and consumable items
- Assist with loading/unloading of miscellaneous equipment, such as boxes, food, and beverage product
- Keep bar top clean and free of dirty glasses, dirty ashtrays, trash, etc. throughout shift. Keep back bar clean and organized
- Polish and wash glassware throughout shift.
- Clean all spills and waste immediately. Sweep and mop as needed. Place all trash in proper receptacles
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
- Provide professional and friendly guest services. Respond to Guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner
- Monitor potentially intoxicated and/or disruptive Guests and promptly bring to a Manager’s attention
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures as well as Company and/or departmental policies/procedures
- Comply with all state and federal liquor laws
- Adhere to all TC Restaurant Group Standard Operating Procedures
- Report any incidents of theft, vandalism, violations, or guest complaints/incidents
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, THE BARBACK WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Adherence to Policy
- Guest satisfaction
- Job skills knowledge
- Quality of work
- Working relationships
- Written and Verbal communication
WORKING KNOWLEDGE /EDUCATION/REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards, including ABC Server’s Permit
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Knowledge of basic bar and restaurant operations and liquor, beer, and wine brand names
- Knowledge of drink recipes and proper garnish, cutting, and presentation - Proper lifting techniques, Inventory and stock rotation
- Work will include indoor and/or outdoor areas.
- Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy etc. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. access.
- Constant contact with guests and fellow Team Members is required.
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be exposed to day life/nightlife environmental factors including but not limited to second-hand smoke, excessive noise, flashing/strobe lights, and stress levels related to interacting with guests in a fast-paced environment.
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.