ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health, formerly known as Addiction Campuses, is a leading provider of SUD treatment and recovery services via various effective and innovative addiction treatment programs from industry-leading professionals who help build a comprehensive life in recovery beyond the standard 30-day plan. With four unique residential treatment centers and a virtual care platform serving patients across the country, Vertava Health creates successful programs tailored to an individual’s struggle with substance abuse and mental health.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Lead Case Manager who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Lead Case Manager at Vertava Health, you will oversee a team of case managers who serve as the primary liaison between our adult patients with substance use disorders and outside stakeholders. You will carry a reduced caseload of patients, so that you are available to offer direct supervision to your team members, and cover absences as needed.
You and each case manager on your team will meet with patients regularly to understand and resolve any barriers to treatment related to family, employment, legal, or financial issues. You will identify and evaluate aftercare options to help set up your patients for long-term success. You will facilitate and participate in multidisciplinary treatment planning. With a 360° view of your patient’s world, you are a key advocate, communicator, collaborator, and coordinator.
Your ability to develop strong therapeutic relationships; communicate professionally with many different stakeholders; maintain meticulous documentation; and remain organized and efficient is highly valued and will have an enduring positive impact in the lives of our patients struggling with addiction. The ideal candidate for the Lead Case Manager position will also have prior supervisory experience or demonstrate outstanding leadership potential.
Priority responsibilities include:
In addition to the standard case manager responsibilities listed below, as Lead Case Manager you will:
- Work with the People Team to recruit, hire, and train a team of full-time and per diem staff to meet established staffing ratios
- Maintain and adjust a staffing schedule that addresses fluctuations in census
- Conduct biweekly supervision with direct reports
- Audit documentation to ensure alignment with all applicable legal, ethical, and regulatory standards
- Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, positive energy, and compassionate support for patients, peers, and oneself
Coordination of outside supports
- Troubleshoot any needs related to Short Term Disability, FMLA, child care, COBRA or insurance
- Facilitate appropriate contact with attorney, Parole Officer, or courts for any pending legal issues
- Assist with business or financial needs (bill payment, money transfers, critical communications, etc)
- Work with patient and therapist to coordinate appropriate family involvement (with release of information documentation)
- Arrange any necessary outside appointments during treatment
- Collaborate with patient and treatment team throughout stay on discharge and aftercare planning
- Maintain meticulous documentation of internal and external communications
- Capture attendance, agenda, and decisions from treatment team meetings
- Develop and update a comprehensive discharge and aftercare plan
- Summarize content and tone of each patient meeting
- Obtain and document patient consents, release-of-information forms, primary care details, employment information, etc.
Collaboration and Communication
- Develop a supportive, therapeutic relationship with each patient
- Maintain a professional, solution-based demeanor with outside stakeholders
- Work closely with all departments and treatment team members
- Build a strong network of outside treatment partners
- Observe and report on patient behavior, presentation, safety, hygiene, etc.
- Promote and protect each patient’s independence, privacy, dignity, and emotional and physical well being
Training and Competencies
- Learn about the disease model of addiction and evidence based treatments
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established practice guidelines
- Remain current with all required trainings and certifications
- Receive biweekly supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Practice respectful, compassionate, supportive communication with patients and colleagues
Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate is compassionate, professional, organized, and efficient
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in case management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Desire to work collaboratively with a diverse team and patient population
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions