Who we are:
Boomer’s Bar & Grill is attached to the Capital News Centre in Kelowna, BC. We are part of a recreational facility which includes 2 ice rinks, a leisure ice rink, 2 indoor soccer fields, fitness centre, physiotherapist, indoor running track, concession facility and a public library. H2 Centre is a 50-meter Olympic size swimming pool right next door. Our primary objective is to provide an excellent food and beverage experience in a sports-related atmosphere. We have 5 big screen projection TVs playing a different variety of sports all day and late night. An exciting facility that will do nothing but grow!
We are currently looking for Line Cooks to join our food & beverage team! This role will be responsible for having strong knowledge of our menu items and providing patrons with a positive food & beverage experience. This position will report to the Head Chef & General Manager.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and service procedures
- Thoroughly understand food safety and cleaning guidelines.
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being rotated and stocked. Use the FIFO guideline at all times. (First in first out)
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guest
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by Head Chef and/or General Manager.
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation, and preparation time
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations (meet and exceed service expectations)
- Ensure patrons orders are accurate using our POS system, and through clear communication with front house staff
- Ensure requested food items are produced accurately and according to industry standards
Boomers is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. We are passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position