Civil Site Engineer
Our client is seeking an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) to join our team in Austin, Texas!
In this role, you will serve as an Engineer in Training (EIT) performing entry-level engineering work for projects in an assigned division area, such as Commercial, Residential, or Government, and must possess an understanding of Civil Engineering as it pertains to Land Development.
- Perform engineering work under the direction of a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager
- Work independently or as a member of a team to coordinate, monitor, and review engineering projects, investigations, and preparation of plans as an Engineer in Training (EIT) for an assigned area of responsibility
- Prepare construction documents for civil infrastructure improvements for residential and commercial developments including earthwork, rough grading, finish grading, site hydrology and drainage, soil erosion control, underground utilities, paving/roadways, and civil/site permitting
- Provide direction and assistance to engineering support staff as needed to coordinate the gathering of data and compilation of information necessary to complete project assignments
- Prepare reports including text and exhibits, make presentations, and maintain accurate records, notes, and other required documentation for assigned projects
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed within the guidelines established by local, state, and federal laws, regulations, standards, and/or policies
- Attend meetings as needed or requested to address engineering issues related to assigned areas of responsibility
- Develop work orders for field crews as required by job duties; Monitor, assist, and verify completion of the work as needed
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- Travel to a variety of project sites for assigned areas of responsibility
- Attend conferences, workshops, seminars, and other training for professional development purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college is required
- EIT Certification is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must possess a valid Texas Motor Vehicle Operator’s License if operating a motor vehicle for the purpose of completing job duties
What We Offer
Our client works hard but they always take time to enjoy our teams and have fun together because their people are their most important resource. They are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, the potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company-sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work-life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid healthcare coverage; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with employer contribution; paid time off plus paid holidays; employee referral bonus program and an overtime/straight time policy.
They have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; a mentorship program; and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!